Jerk Chicken Wings in the Air Fryer I am a complete sucker for. These wings are totally delicious just like Jamaican Jerk Chicken. These chicken wings are not an Authentic recipe but is still delicious. Air Fryer Jerk Chicken Wings have easily become one of my favorite chicken wings recipes.
Air Fryer Jerk Wings
Cooking this recipe is much more simple than other jerk recipes, because this recipe used 4 ingredients and some oil out of the Misto Oil Sprayer and thats it. This is more of a dry rub than a sauce. These are some real good air fryer chicken wings. If you prefer you can make air fryer jerk chicken breast or air fryer jerk chicken thighs. Ive also made this with drumsticks and its also really tasty. But since I came up with this Jerk Chicken Wings Recipe it seems I have been making them about once a week. I am actually craving them as I am writing this.
Are These Chicken Wings in the Air Fryer Healthy?
These jerk chicken wings are so good, and crispy with less oil because the Air fryer fries them with very hot air circulation. Such a healthier way to enjoy deep fried chicken wings. Even though I do use cornstarch to help get these wings super crispy they are still a pretty healthy option. There is only about a Tablespoon of cornstarch in the entire recipe and that is not much at all.
How to Make Jerk Chicken Wings
This Jerk Chicken Wings Recipe is easy to make. There is REALLY only 4 ingredients and then a couple sprays of olive oil on the wings to make up the seasoning. Just a couple of minutes of prep to the food to make this homemade jerk wings recipe.
Ingredients in Air Fryer Jerk Chicken Wings Recipe
- Jamaican Jerk Seasoning
- A few sprays of Olive Oil
Seasoning Jerk Chicken Wings
Place your fresh wings in a bowl and pat them dry with a paper towel. Once they are dry sprinkle the wings with about 1 to 2 teaspoons of salt. Next use a pepper grinder with fresh ground pepper and season the chicken wings with about 12 turns of the pepper grinder (About a teaspoon).
Next up is the Jerk Seasoning. You are going to need about a Tablespoon of Jerk Seasoning. Sprinkle Jerk Seasoning liberally over the chicken wings.
Sprinkle about a Tablespoon of cornstarch over the wings. Get in there with your hands or cooking tongs and toss the wings to get an even coating all over the wings.
Cooking Jerk Chicken Wings in Air Fryer
Place your seasoned jerk wings in the air fryer basket so they look like the picture above. You want to try and get the wings in a single layer the best that you can. It is ok to have them overlap a bit but do not stack them directly on top of each other. You want to get even air circulation inside the air fryer so the wings cook evenly.
How Long to Cook Chicken Wings in Air Fryer
All Air Fryers cook differently so cooking time can vary by a few minutes. For this recipe I set the cooking temperature to 380 Degrees. I am using a Cosori 6 Quart Air Fryer and the cooking time is 20 to 22 minutes. It really depends on the level of doneness that you prefer with your wings. Using the cooking time of 20 minutes seemed great to me.
Here were my wings after about 20 minutes. They are looking great. I gave them another couple minutes just to get them a little more golden brown and delicious.
As you can see they came out great. I love these jerk chicken wings. They are so darn tasty and addictive. I love Caribbean flavors.
Equipment and Items Used in this Recipe
Some Other Recipes From Stuff Matty Cooks
Jerk Chicken Wings Recipe
Jerk Chicken Wings Recipe (Air Fryer)
- Air Fryer
- 1/12 to 2 Pounds Chicken Wings Wing Tips Removed
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- Fresh Ground Pepper 10 – 12 Turns of a Pepper Grinder About a teaspoon
- 1 Tablespoon Jerk Seasoning
- 1 Tablespoon Cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon Olive Oil
- Trim Wing tips from chicken wings and put Chicken Wings in a Bowl. Sprinkle Chicken Wings with Salt
- Pepper the Chicken Wings with about 12 turns of a Pepper Mill
- Coat the Wings with the Jerk Seasoning.
- Sprinkle Cornstarch Over the Chicken
- Mix Up Chicken Wings to Coat with Ingredients
- Put Chicken Wings in Air Fryer Basket trying to get them in a single layer.
- Spray wings with the Olive Oil Sprayer (If you do not have drizzle wings before putting in basket)
- It is ok to have them overlap a bit but do not have them stacked on top of each other. Assuring to get even air circulation.
- Turn Air Fryer to 380 Degrees and a cooking time of 20 to 22 Minutes. Shake or Flip Chicken Wings halfway through cooking time. Check wings at about 20 minutes for doneness. Cook a few minutes more if you like them a bit more well done or crispy.
- Serve with Celery and Blue Cheese or Ranch Dressing.
- Makes 2 Servings