Instant Pot Greek Gyro Chicken is my recipe version of a classic Greek flavor of lemon, garlic, cumin, and cinnamon. You are going to love this recipe. It is easy to make and in the pressure cooker, it can be done in less than 30 minutes.
I simply cannot get enough of this chicken. I find my self-making it ahead of time just to have in my fridge. It is so versatile because you can serve it over rice or just make a simple sandwich out of it for a quick bite to eat for lunch. It even reheats well in the microwave. Did I just say microwave? This chicken is also great if you are meal planning.
This Instant Pot Gyro Chicken can also be made in your crockpot. The recipe is the same. The cook time is 6 hours on LOW or 3 hours on HIGH. When the cook time is over you should do the extra step and crisp the chicken up on a sheet pan for a few minutes. This really makes a difference in the flavor and the texture of the chicken.
I really hope that you love this recipe as much as I do. Thanks for stopping by my blog and don’t hesitate to leave a comment and a rating it really helps out. I post new recipes about 3 times per week so don’t be a stranger. I love all my followers. Also, don’t forget to signup for our mailing list so you never miss a recipe.
Items I used in this Recipe. Available from Amazon. You can HOVER OVER THE LINK to see INFO and PRICE or just Add Them to Your Cart on Amazon. I do receive a small commission from Amazon at NO EXTRA COST to YOU. Thanks so Much for Your Support.Instant Pot DUO60 6 Qt Pressure Cooker True Lemon Bulk Dispenser Pack, 2.82 Ounce Better Than Bouillon Organic Chicken Base, Reduced Sodium
Join Our Facebook Groups
Instant Pot Greek Gyro Chicken
- 1 pound Chicken Thighs Fresh or Frozen
- 1 onion sliced in rings
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Pepper
- 1/2 tsp. Adobo Seasoning
- 1/2 tsp. Paprika
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Oregano
- 1 Scallion chopped for garnish
- 2 Tbs Cilantro chopped for garnish
- 1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 to 2 Tbsp Lemon Juice I used 1 True Lemon Packet
- 2 Cloves Garlic Minced
- 1 cup Chicken Broth
- Season chicken with salt,pepper,adobo seasoning, paprika, ground cumin, cinnamon and oregano.Place seasoned Fresh OR Frozen seasoned chicken in bottom of Instant Pot. Place sliced onion on TOP of chicken.Place minced garlic in bottom of instant pot and pour in chicken broth being careful not to rinse spices off of the chicken.Pour olive oil over the top of chicken and sliced onions.Put lid on Instant Pot and turn valve to SEAL.Push POULTRY button on Instant Pot and set cook time to 12 MINUTES.When cooking is complete do a QUICK RELEASE of pressure by opening valve while being careful not to get burned. (Use a wooden spoon to turn valve.)Remove chicken with tongs being careful not to break up the chicken into pieces and place on foil lined sheet pan.Press CACEL on Instant Pot the Press SAUTE and set to MORE setting. Let left over liquid chicken cooked in come to boil for 5 MINUTES to thicken. While waiting for that goto next step.Turn your oven to broil and set rack to TOP position. About 3 to 4 inches from heat source. When broiler is HOT place sheet pan under broil for 2 to 3 MINUTES. Watch the chicken the whole time to prevent burning.Remove chicken from broiler and serve with rice and top with thickened sauce in bottom of Instant Pot and garnish with Scallions and Cilantro.EnjoyServes 2