This Instant Pot Chicken Lo Mein Recipe is so simple to make it is sure to become one of your favorites. Not only is it delicious it will also save you some bucks on takeout. Instant Pot Chicken Lo Mein is also a much healthier option.
I totally dig this Chicken Lo Mein Recipe. It is definitely one of my takeout dishes of choice at the Chinese restaurants, but ever since I got an Instant Pot I don’t bother getting takeout anymore. This dish has it all. Lots of veggies like carrots, onions, and celery make this a hit. The chicken comes out juicy sweet and tender as well. If you’re a vegetarian then you can just follow the same recipe and omit the chicken. It will still be very tasty. I do that quite often myself when I’m looking for a fast lunch.
Easy Chicken Lo Mein in the Instant Pot
How to Make This Chicken Lo Mein Recipe
Just remember there are no rules. If you want to add some other vegetables or maybe even use shrimp this recipe will still work no problem. This is an EASY chicken lo mein recipe. If you are vegan just omit the chicken and chicken broth and replace with vegetable broth. This recipe is very versatile. f you would like a less sticky version you can rinse the noodles beforehand to get rid of some of the starch.
Thanks so much for stopping by my website. If you have any questions or would like to leave a rating and a comment go right ahead. I do get back to my visitors.
You might also like my recipe for Udon Noodle Pork Stir Fry.
Items I used in this Recipe. Available from Amazon. You can HOVER OVER THE LINK to see INFO and PRICE or just Add Them to Your Cart on Amazon. I do receive a small commission from Amazon at NO EXTRA COST to YOU. Thanks so Much for Your Support.
Chicken Lo Mein Recipe (Instant Pot)
- 1 Pound Chicken in 1 inch pieces Breast or Tenderloin
- 6 oz Lo Mein Noodles
- 6 Tbsp. low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tsp. Sesame Oil
- 1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp. Rice Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. Sweet Chili Sauce
- 1 Tbsp. Sugar
- 1/2 tsp. Red Chili Flakes
- 2 Cloves Minced Garlic
- 1/2 tsp. Minced Ginger
- 2 Cups Chicken Broth
- 1 Rib Celery Sliced
- 2 Scallions Cut in 2 inch pieces
- 1 Carrot cut into matchsticks
- 1 Red Pepper in thin slices Julienned
- 2 Chopped Scallions for Garnish
- 1/2 Cup Water to Adjust Consistency at end
- Open Instant Pot and Put in all ingredients except red peppers.
- First put in chicken then all veggies except the red peppers. Pour in sauce mixture. Make sure chicken is cut into small pieces so it cooks completely.
- Break up noodles and place on top. DO NOT STIR THEM.
- Fasten lid on to the Instant Pot close valve on the top of the Instant Pot. Push the PRESSURE COOKER button and set timer for 3 MINUTES.
- When cooking time is complete do a QUICK RELEASE. Remove lid and stir and let sauce thicken for a few minutes.
- Stir in Peppers and Half Chopped Scallions and wait for pepper to soften. About 3 to 5 mins. Then garnish with leftover chopped scallions
- Serves 2