This Instant Pot Chicken Adobo recipe is the best. Can you say YUM! If you haven’t had this before then you are in for a treat. It is an absolutely delicious dish. Tart and savory with a hint of sweetness. It is for sure a unique flavor that you will love. The combination of soy sauce, vinegar and garlic gives this dish its special flavor. This is not actually AUTHENTIC chicken adobo but it is the same flavor without specialty ingredients like Filipino soy sauce and fish sauce.
Best Instant Pot Chicken Adobo Recipe
This Instant Pot Chicken Adobo recipe can be made with basic ingredients that you have in your pantry. This was my goal when i created this dish. It does have the same flavor as the authentic Filipino Adobo Chicken. It is a great quick meal for any weeknight that the whole family will enjoy. Best of all It can be made quickly in the Instant Pot. It can be made also with Fresh or FROZEN chicken. Whatever you choose the cooking time is the same.
Boneless Chicken Adobo is great in the Instant Pot or Slow Cooker
Can you Make Chicken Adobo in the Crock Pot Slow Cooker?
Yes you can. Just start with chicken that is already defrosted. Put every thing in your crock pot slow cooker and turn on Low for a cooking time of 4 hours. When cooking time is complete add a slurry of 2 Tablespoons Cornstarch to 3 Tablespoons water to crockpot and then cook on HIGH 20 minutes longer. Do NOT add cornstarch directly to crock pot.
I really hope you enjoy this recipe. I can’t seem to get enough of it. It is also good if you are doping meal prep. I keep frozen bags of the entire recipe in my freezer. That way i just pull it out of the storage bag and pop it right in the Instant Pot for an even faster convenient meal.
Please Leave me a comment and let me know what you think about the recipe.
If you like this recipe you will also like my Instant Pot Chicken Soyaki Dump Meal Recipe. Another simple recipe for people on the go.
How to Make Instant Pot Chicken Adobo Recipe
Items I used in this Recipe. Available from Amazon. You can HOVER OVER THE LINK to see INFO and PRICE or just Add Them to Your Cart on Amazon. I do receive a small commission from Amazon at NO EXTRA COST to YOU. Thanks so Much for Your Support.Instant Pot DUO60 6 Qt Pressure Cooker Better Than Bouillon Organic Chicken Base, Reduced Sodium
Instant Pot Chicken Adobo
- 3 Boneless Chicken Thighs (Fresh or Frozen
- 1 Half an Onion Sliced
- 2 Cloves Garlic Minced
- 5 Tbsp Low sodium soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp White Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Red Chili Flakes
- 1/2 Cup Chicken Broth
- 1/2 Cup Water
- 1 tbsp chopped cilantro set aside for garnish
- 1 tbsp chopped scallions set aside for garnish
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Salt and Pepper the chicken Put chicken in Instant Pot. I used FROZEN chicken for this recipe but you can use fresh chicken and the cook time is the same. Top chicken with the sliced onion. Mix together soy sauce, white vinegar, sugar, chili flakes and chicken broth (I use the chicken base) and water. Add all the liquid to the Instant Pot.
- Put the lid on the Instant Pot and turn valve to SEAL. Press Poultry button and set time to 11 Minutes. When cooking is completed release pressure of Instant Pot by opening the valve. Remove chicken from Instant Pot and set aside. Press cancel on Instant Pot. The press the SAUTE button and set to the High setting. Let sauce reduce until it becomes darker in color. This takes about 15 Minutes. Then Put chicken back in pot with reduced sauce to warm it up a bit. Then serve chicken and spoon sauce over it and enjoy. I serve the chicken over rice.