If your like me you love greens. These are delicious. Why are they delicious? Because they’re made with BACON 🙂 These are so tasty and they go with pretty much anything and they are done in 25 minutes.
Mattys Instant Pot Collard Greens
- 1 Half Bag Shredded Collard Greens about a pound
- 3 to 4 Slices thick cut bacon cut in 1 ice pieces
- 1 minced onion
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Press sauté On your Instant Pot and set temperature to More.
- Sauté bacon until brown and crunchy about 5 to 7 minutes. Add minced onion and sauté about one minute.
- Add in your collards and toss to coat in bacon grease toss them until they start to wilt. Once wilted a bit toss in the water and put the lid on your instant pot.
- Make sure your valve is set to Seal. Push the pressure cooker button and set timer for 20 minutes. When cooked time is done let sit for natural release for five minutes then do a quick release. Open your Instant pot and put the pepper on the Greens.