Potstickers in air fryer are a family favorite.These airfryer potsticker dumplings cook up wonderfully in minutes and are delicious. This is my favorite method of cooking these store bought frozen dumplings. They come out crispy and juicy. I accompany the dumpling with a tasty dipping sauce.
It is easy to airfry these delicious air fryer frozen potstickers. and don’t be surprised if the whole bag of these potsticker dumplings disappear. I think these come out as good as the pot stickers that I get at my local takeout place.
I always steamed potstickers and they would have no color or texture. I started airfrying them, and they have great color and texture. These potstickers taste like “restaurant quality.”
I always buy these air fryer frozen potstickers dumplings at Trader Joe’s. They have many different varieties like chicken, pork, and even shrimp. I like the pork potsticker dumplings the best.
If these are not just an appetizer or snack and you are looking for a meal to accompany your air fryer dumplings I recommend my Instant Pot Chicken Lo Mein recipe. The chicken comes out juicy and you can use any vegetables that you prefer.
Ingredients in Frozen Potstickers in Air Fryer
- Frozen Dumplings from the supermarket (Pork, Chicken, Shrimp)
- Soy Sauce
- Rice Vinegar
- Sesame Oil
- Red Chili Pepper (Optional)
see recipe card for quantities.
How to Make Potstickers in Air Fryer
Let’s get started on the exact process of how to cook frozen potstickers in the air fryer. It really doesn’t matter which brand you use. There are many different varieties of these dumplings available at the local supermarket.
Preheat your Air Fryer to 380 Degrees Fahrenheit
Step 1 – Place dumplings in the air fryer basket in a single layer making sure that there is adequate space in between the dumplings to ensure proper airflow. Air fry the dumplings 8 minutes.
Hint: Spray dumplings in air fryer basket with oil so they brown well and do not dry out. If you do not have an oil sprayer these oil sprayers are my favorite. Oil in spray cans is also available at the market today.
Step 2 – Flip Dumplings – After the air fryer dumplings are starting to get some color give them a flip after the initial eight minute cooking time. I find about 2 minutes after flipping is enough cooking time. The dumplings are crispy on the outside and juicy too.
TIP: If you like them more crispy cook them a little bit more. I recommend cooking them in 2 minute increments.
How to Make Dipping Sauce for For Potsticker Dumplings
While the potsticker dumplings are cooking it is time to make the dipping sauce. It is simple to do and is just a matter of mixing together a handful of ingredients in a bowl and whisking them together. The dipping sauce is made up of soy sauce, rice vinegar, some red chili pepper if you want a little spice, and some sesame oil.
The full quantities are in the recipe card.
- Coconut Aminos – Substitute in place of soy sauce if you have food sensitive allergies or are gluten free.
- Honey or Coconut Sugar – Substitute honey or coconut sugar in the dipping sauce if needed.
- Spicy – add more red chili pepper flakes to dipping sauce for a spicier kick.
Below is the equipment I use and recommend. I do receive a small commission on these products at absolutely no cost to you. Thank you for your support.
COSORI Air Fryer Oven Combo 5.8QT Max Xl
Air Fryer Parchment Paper Liners
Reusable Silicone Air Fryer Liners 3 Pack
Whole Foods 365 Market, Sauce Shoyu Soy
365 by Whole Foods Market, Vinegars Rice Organic
365 Toasted Sesame Oil
If you have leftover dumplings which I doubt you will they can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for 3 to 4 days.
Preheat air fryer to 350 Degrees Fahrenheit. Place 6 to 8 dumplings in the basket in a single layer. Spray with a small amount of oil. Cook 2 minutes or until the desired temperature.
Air Fryer Recipes
Air Fryer Eggrolls
Frozen French Fries in the Air Fryer
Chicken Nuggets in the Air Fryer
Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Hotdog
Potstickers in Air Fryer (Frozen Dumplings,Gyoza)
- 6-8 Frozen Dumplings Pork,Beef, Chicken, Shrimp
- 1 tsp Oil (Vegetable, Avocado, or preffered)
- 3 Tbsp. Soy Sauce
- 1 tsp Rice Vinegar
- 1/4 tsp Red Chili Pepper Flakes
- 1 to 2 tsp. Sugar
- 1 tsp. Toasted Sesame Oil
- Preheat Air Fryer to 380 Degrees Fahrenheit
- Place 6-8 Dumplings in Air Fryer in Single Layer. Make sure that dumplings have some space in between fro popper airflow.
- Spray dumplings with light mist of oil.
- Air Fry Dumplings 8 Minutes.
- Flip Dumplings and Air Fry 2 Minutes More.
- Note: If you like them more crispy air fry in 2 minute increments.
- Mix Ingredients together in a bowl and serve with dumplings.