Roasted Brussel Sprouts with Parmesan and a bit of balsamic are the perfect side dish. Topped with parmesan, garlic, and balsamic vinegar. Parmesan Brussel sprouts are the perfect side dish to accompany any meal. These can be cooked in the Air Fryer or Oven.
Roasted Brussel sprouts with balsamic are really easy to make and they do not have to be a dish that you make on the holidays. The combination of the caramelized Brussel sprouts, balsamic vinegar sweetness and the saltiness of the parmesan make this a great recipe.
Roasted Brussel Sprouts with Parmesan
I know that many people are turned off by the thought of Brussel sprouts. Roasted parmesan brussels with parmesan cheese are delicious. Roasting Brussel sprouts brings out the natural sweetness and carmelizes the natural sugars.
- Roasted Brussel Sprouts with Parmesan
- Are Brussel Sprouts Cabbage?
- Are Brussel Sprouts Healthy?
- How to Cut a Brussel Sprout?
- Can I Use Frozen Brussel Sprouts?
- What’s the Best Way to Cook Brussel Sprouts?
- How to Make Roasted Brussel Sprouts with Parmesan
- Roasted Brussel Sprouts in the Air Fryer
- Brussel Sprouts Roasted in the Oven
- Other Recipes:
- Kitchen Essentials and Items I Used:
- Balsamic and Parmesan Roasted Brussel Sprouts
Are Brussel Sprouts Cabbage?
On the contrary to what most people think Brussel sprouts are not many cabbages. They sure do look that way but they are not. They are a member of the same family though.
The cruciferous vegetable category that brussels sprouts are in also includes broccoli and kale and bok choy. Give these brussels sprouts a chance and you will end up with an addiction that will have you just pop these in your mouth.
Are Brussel Sprouts Healthy?
Brussels sprouts are very healthy. They are high in fiber, antioxidants and vitamins and minerals. They are low in saturated fat and a welcome addition to any diet.
Some added health benefits of Brussel sprouts are that they reduce the risk of cancer. They also decrease inflammation and also aid in blood sugar control.
This easy Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Parmesan and Balsamic recipe is tasty enough to make even the pickiest of eaters fall in love with Brussels sprouts. There is something about the flavor of parmesan on balsamic vinegar Brussel sprouts.
How to Cut a Brussel Sprout?
Prepping this Brussel sprout recipe balsamic parmesan is easy but first, we have to prepare and cut the Brussel sprouts. It is an easy process. Here are the steps below.
- Rinse the Brussel sprouts to remove any dirt and debris
- Peel away and brown discolored looking outer leaves.
- Using a sharp knife remove the discolored end of the sprout
- Cut the Brussel Sprout in half lengthwise
Can I Use Frozen Brussel Sprouts?
Yes. Frozen brussels sprouts can be used but I will warn you ahead of time that the texture is completely different. Not just in this dish but in all dishes that call for brussels sprouts.
I guess freezing them changes the texture they are not as crisp and they are a little bit mushier. If that’s your sort of thing and that is satisfactory jump to the recipe below and get started.
This recipe is really easy to make. Simply toss everything with some olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic powder, and parmesan cheese. Crusty parmesan balsamic Brussels ready in a flash.
- Brussel Sprouts
- Olive Oil
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Kosher Salt
- Garlic Powder
- Parmesan Cheese
What’s the Best Way to Cook Brussel Sprouts?
As you can see I have a few different methods to cook this recipe. This recipe was developed using an air fryer and then I modified it to include oven roasting directions.
I am all about simple. After working all day the last thing I wanna do is spend a lot of time cooking for myself. So I try to make simple versions of great recipes.
I would encourage you to try both methods and see what you prefer. I like the air fryer method because the air fryer heats up fast and is easy to clean. On the other hand, not everyone has an air fryer.
How to Make Roasted Brussel Sprouts with Parmesan
I used about 6 good sized Brussel Sprouts to make this recipe. That was about 1 good size serving of these. This recipe can easily be doubled.
Cut the root end off of the Brussel Sprout. Cut the Brussels in half lengthwise.
In a large bowl big enough to put the Brussel Sprouts. Mix together Olive Oil, Vinegar, Salt, Pepper, Garlic Powder. Toss in the Brussels and toss to coat. When these Brussels are cooked they are going to form a delicious balsamic glaze.
Now decide on your cooking method below.
Roasted Brussel Sprouts in the Air Fryer
NOTE: If you are using an Air Fryer then once you put the Brussels in the Air Fryer Sprinkle them with the Parmesan Cheese and Cook. If you are Roasting in the Oven put Parmesan Cheese on Brussels about halfway through the cooking time so it doesn’t get too dark.
This is the way that I chose to cook my Parmesan Balsamic Brussel Sprouts. It is the easiest way in my opinion with the least amount of clean up.
Preheat Air Fryer to 380 Degrees
Set timer on Air Fryer for 8 Minutes
Shake Basket halfway through cooking time
Brussel Sprouts Roasted in the Oven
Preheat Oven to 400 Degrees. If you like them really crispy turn the oven to high heat. Oven to 425 degrees
Placed Halved Brussels on Baking Sheet Pan cut side down in single layer
Roast 15 to 20 Minutes Turn Brussels after 7 Minutes. If you like them more done 30 minutes cooking time.
Full Instructions in Recipe Card Below
Kitchen Essentials and Items I Used:
Cosori 5.8 Qt. Air Fryer
Mac Knife MTH-80 Professional Hollow Edge Chef’s Knife, 8 Inch
QO Organic Thick Aged Balsamic Vinegar of Modena
Rachael Ray 47576 Nonstick Bakeware Set with Grips
Misto Brushed Aluminum Oil Sprayer
Balsamic and Parmesan Roasted Brussel Sprouts
- 6 Large Brussel Sprouts Cut in Half
- 1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp. Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Pepper
- 1/2 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 2 Tbsp Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- Cut Root End off of Brussel Sprouts
- Cut Brussel Sprouts in Half Lengthwise
- In a Bowl Mix Olive Oil, Vinegar, Salt, Pepper, Garlic Powder
- Add the Brussel Sprouts and Stir to Coat with Mixture
- Follow Desired Cooking Method Below
Cooking Roasted Brussel Sprouts in Air Fryer
- Preheat Air Fryer to 380 Degrees
- Add Brussel Sprouts to Air Fryer Basket
- Sprinkle Brussel Sprouts with Half Parmesan Cheese
- Set Timer for 8 Minutes
- Halfway Through Cooking Time Shake Basket and Cover with Remaining Cheese
- Continue Cooking
Cooking Roasted Brussel Sprouts in the Oven
- Preheat Oven to 400 Degrees
- Place Brussels in Single Layer on Baking Sheet
- Roast Brussel Sprouts 15 to 20 Minutes until Desired Doneness
- After 10 Minutes Sprinkle Brussels with Parmesan Cheese and Continue Cooking
- Check Frequently to Make Sure they do not get too dark