This is simply awesome. Low calorie,Low Carb and REFRESHING. I always like making this. Great thing about it is i use frozen shrimp that i buy at Trader Joes to make it.
Mattys Shrimp Ceviche
Ceviche…Great for a hot summer day with a beer or as a side or Appetizer when you’re having a seafood craving
- 1/2 Pound Shrimp Peeled and Chopped into Bite Size
- 1/2 Medium Red Onion
- 1/2 Cup Persian or Seedless Cucumber
- 1 Medium Tomato Seeded And Diced
- 2 Small Lemons Juiced
- 2 Small Limes Juiced
- 1/2 Jalapeño Finely Chopped Seeds and Ribs Removed
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Cilantro
- 1/2 tsp. Salt or to taste
- 1/2 tsp. Pepper
- 1/4 Cup Orange Juice
- Boil shrimp two minutes in boiling water. Remove shrimp from boiling water and immediately place in a bowl filled with ice water to stop cooking process. After a few minutes in the icewater remove shrimp and chop into bite-size pieces
- Squeeze juice of lemons and limes into a bowl. Place chopped shrimp and onion into a bowl and stir to cover with juice. Place bowl in refrigerator for 20 minutes to allow the shrimp to cook.
- Remove bowl from refrigerator and add cilantro, cucumber, tomato, jalapeño and orange juice to bowl. Salt and pepper to taste and Stir. Return bowl to refrigerator to allow flavors to develop.
- Serves 2
(Visited 852 times, 1 visits today)