Soyaki Teriyaki Chicken Recipe Dump Meal is why I love the Instant Pot. Trader Joes Soyaki-Teriyaki Chicken is one of my favorite Trader Joes Instant Pot recipes. It is a healthy and quick recipe in the pressure cooker. This can be made in any electric pressure cooker.
Great for a quick lunch or a weeknight meal for the whole family. Trader Joes soyaki chicken can be made with the Trader Joes Island Soyaki sauce as well. They are essentially the same except one has pineapple and is a little sweeter in my opinion. I used the regular Trader Joes Soyaki in this recipe.
Dump Meals for Crock Pot and Instant Pot.
If you don’t know what a dump meal is for the Crock Pot or Instant Pot it is where you put all the ingredients in the Crock-Pot or Instant Pot at one time and set it and forget it. I love this kind of recipes for the Instant Pot because it is a basic set it and forget it recipe.
Simple Instant Pot Teriyaki Chicken
This simple Instant Pot Teriyaki style chicken requires just a few ingredients. I actually even put the chicken in the Instant Pot FROZEN directly from the freezer.
I am always buying bags of Trader Joes frozen chicken to keep around and they are great just for this reason. This recipe is also great for people that do meal prep. This is one of my favorite Instant Pot chicken dishes. Even easier than stir fry.
I use a sauce in this recipe that I buy at Trader Joes. It is pretty much a blend of soy sauce, teriyaki sauce, and some ginger that is called Soyaki Sauce. You can pretty much use any sauce like that that you prefer.
When the chicken is done cooking the only other step is to remove the chicken and reduce the sauce to thicken it and then it’s time to eat.
Soyaki Chicken Ingredients
- Frozen or Fresh Boneless Chicken Thighs
(Can use Chicken Breast)
- Trader Joes Soyaki Sauce or Island Soyaki Sauce
- Cold Water
- Sesame Seeds
- Green Onions Scallions (for garnish)
- Brown Sugar (Optional)
- Rice Vinegar (Optional)
- Cornstarch (If using slow cooker method)
Full Ingredients and Instructions in Recipe Card Below
Soyaki Chicken is Easy and Kid Friendly
Keep in mind that you can use Teriyaki Sauce in this recipe if you do not have a Trader Joes in your area. You can also order the Trader Joes Soyaki Sauce online or by clicking on the link in the Kitchen Essentials area of this post.
I want to thank you for stopping by my home on the internet. If you try this recipe or already have please leave a comment and a review as it helps a lot. If you have any questions leave it in the comments below as I do get to them.
How to Cook Soyaki Chicken
Step 1 Add the Chicken
Add the frozen chicken to the Instant Pot. You can also use fresh chicken if you prefer. If using fresh chicken decrease cooking time by two minutes.
Step 2 Add Liquid
Add the water and Soyaki sauce to the pressure cooker. If you would like it sweeter or tangier add the brown sugar and the rice vinegar. Both of these should be added to your taste. I did not use them because I don’t like it so sweet.
Step 3 Cook the Chicken
Fasten the lid on the Instant Pot and close the pressure valve to the Seal position. Cook on high pressure for 15 minutes.
When cooking time is complete do a quick release. Do NOT do a Natural Release as this will overcook the chicken.
Slow Cooker Instructions
If you would rather cook this recipe in the slow cooker the cooking times are 8 HOURS on Low or 4 HOURS on High setting.
When cooking time is complete mix together a cornstarch slurry of 1 Tablespoon of Cornstarch and 3 Tablespoons water and stir into crock-pot mixture. Let cook an additional 20 minutes until the sauce has thickened.
Soyaki Sauce Recipe
Making homemade Soyaki Sauce is simple. It is easy to make and can be thrown together in the food processor or blender very quickly and easily. The sesame seeds are optional but a nice flavor. Here is how to make soyaki sauce.
Soyaki Sauce Ingredients
1 Cup of Soy Sauce
2/3 cup Sugar. (or to taste)
1-inch piece of ginger minced, smashed, or sliced
2 to 3 cloves of garlic minced, smashed or sliced
1 stalk of green onion
1/2 Tablespoon of toasted sesame seeds (Optional)
Keep in mind you can substitute teriyaki sauce if needed but this sauce is so good. It is a good stir fry sauce as well.
How to Toast Sesame Seeds
Sesame seeds can be bought toasted at the supermarket but why not do it yourself. It is easy to do in the oven on a sheet pan or in an oven proof skillet.
How to Toast Sesame Seeds in the Oven
Preheat Oven to 350 Degrees Fahrenheit
Place 1 cup of sesame seeds on a sheet pan or in a ovenproof skillet
Place skillet or sheet pan in oven and toast for 8 to 10 minutes until golden
Watch sesame seeds closely so they do not burn.
How to Toast Sesame Seeds in a Skillet
Place sesame seeds in a skillet over medium heat. Toast for about 3 to 5 minutes until golden in color.
How Long to Toast Sesame Seeds
Toast sesame seeds in a 350 Degree Oven for 8 to 10 minutes until golden. If using a skillet on the stovetop it takes 3 to 5 minutes over medium heat.
Other Recipes You Will Enjoy
Kitchen Essentials and Items Used to Make This Recipe
Instant Pot Soyaki Teriyaki Chicken Dump Meal
Soyaki Chicken Ingredients
- 1 Pound FROZEN Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs
- 4 tbsp Trader Joes Island Soyaki Sauce or Equivalent
- 4 tbsp Water
- 1/2 tsp Sesame Seeds
- 2 tbsp Chopped Scallions
- 1 Cup Soy Sauce
- 2/3 Cup Sugar (or to taste)
- 1 inch Piece of ginger minced, smashed, or sliced
- 2 to 3 cloves Garlic minced, smashed or sliced
- 1 stalk Green Onion
- 1/2 Tbsp. Toasted Sesame Seeds (Optional)
Soyaki Chicken Instructions
- THIS IS MADE FROM FROZEN CHICKEN. If you would like to make this from fresh chicken the cook time is the same but you would add an extra 1/2 cup of water.Open Instant pot and put in your FROZEN chicken,soyaki or teriyaki sauce and water. Seal lid on to Instant Pot and turn valve to SEAL. Push POULTRY button and set pressure to HIGH and set TIMER to 15 MINUTES. When cooking is complete do a QUICK PRESSURE RELEASE. Open your Instant Pot and remove chicken. Push CANCEL on your Instant Pot to stop its current process. Then Press SAUTE till the MORE setting is lit up. Wait for sauce to come to boil and then let REDUCE and thicken for about 5 to 7 minutes. When complete press Cancel on the Instant Pot to stop the sauce process. Return chicken to Instant Pot to coat with sauce. When you are ready to serve the chicken put sauce over chicken then sprinkle chicken with sesame seeds and chopped scallions…..Enjoy.
Soyaki Sauce Instructions
- Add All ingredients to blender or food processer and pulse until combined.
Join Our Facebook Groups
What Side Dishes are good with Soyaki Chicken?
I am going to include a few side dish ideas that I like with Soyaki Chicken. This dish is really good with just about any common side dish. Here are a few that I like it with.
- Brown Rice
- White Rice
- Cauliflower Rice.