Instant Pot Mongolian Chicken takes just five minutes to throw into the Instant Pot pressure cooker and 30 minutes to cook a flavorful, tender and juicy mongolian chicken. I love this Instant Pot Mongolian Chicken so much and it is cooked in less than 30 minutes.
It is much more healthy than chinese takeout and you dont have to drive anywhere and it will save you money as well. The chicken comes out tender and juicy with a sweet savory flavor that you and your family will love. This is a great recipe for busy people that are trying to eat healthy and are short on time. It will take you less than 10 minutes to prepare this dish.
Sweet and savory chicken that is tender and juicy with garlic, ginger, soy sauce and a touch of sesame oil. What not to love? It is as good as it looks and is super easy to make. Every since i got an Instant Pot i have not gotten chinese takeout since. You can also subsitute beef in this recipe. This dish is delicious served over white rice.
This recipe can also be made in your slow cooker or crock pot. Just throw everything in EXCEPT the cornstarch slurry and cook for 3 HOURS ON HIGH or 6 HOURS on LOW. When the cooking is complete stir in the cornstarch slurry and cook for 20 minutes more.
I really hope you enjoy this recipe and leave me a rating and a comment of how you like it.
Items I used in this Recipe. Available from Amazon. Add them right to your cart. I do receive a small commission from Amazon at NO EXTRA COST to YOU. Thanks so Much for Your Support.
Instant Pot Mongolian Chicken
- 1 Pound Chicken Breast cut into 1 inch cubes
- 3 Scallions cut into 3 inch pieces
- 6 Tbsp Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- 4 Tbsp. Sugar You can use less or more if you want
- 1 tsp. Minced Ginger
- 1 tsp. Sesame Oil
- 2 Cloves Garlic Minced
- 1 Cup Chicken Broth
- 2 Tbsp Cornstarch Coating chicken Pieces
- 2 Tbsp. Oil for Sauteeing Chicken
- 2 tsp. Cornstarch for Slurry
- 4 to 5 Tbsp. Water
- 1/2 tsp. Sesame Seeds for garnish
- 1 Chopped Scallion for Garnish
- Push Saute on Instant Pot and set to “More” Setting so it is nice and hot. Wait for Screen to say “HOT”. Cut up chicken into 1 inch cubes. Put chicken in ziplock bag with 2 Tbsp. cornstarch and shake to coat chicken pieces.
- Mix together Soy Sauce,Sugar,Garlic,Ginger,Sesame Oil and Chicken Broth and set aside.
- Pour Oil into Instant Pot and when oil is hot add in chicken pieces. Yep stirring chicken to prevent it from sticking. Saute until chicken pieces have a bit of color for about 3 to 4 minutes. Add in soy sauce mixture and deglaze bottom of pan and scrape up flavor bits from bottom of pan. Put cut scallions on top of chicken mixture. Put lid on top of Instant Pot and then put valve to “Seal” Position. Push “Cancel” on Instant Pot and then push the Poultry button and set to high pressure and set time for 5 minutes. When cook time is complete let pressure natural release for 10 minute and then manually release pressure by push valve to open position.
- Mix together 2 tsp. cornstarch with water and make a slurry. Push cancel on Instant Pot then press “Saute” button. Pour in slurry mixture and wait for sauce to boil for 2 minutes. Then press cancel on Instant Pot.
- Serve over white rice and garnish with chopped scallions