Instant Pot Lamb Curry Stew. Where did that come from? Well, I was sitting around brainstorming as us food bloggers do. I look in the fridge and I’m like Oh yea, Lamb Chops. I had bought them at the store because they looked really good and the price was right. So
I always try to come up with recipes most of the time that don’t use crazy unique ingredients. I like to have ingredients in the recipe that most people would have in their home. I’m not sure curry powderis that common but to make curry you have to have some curry powder right? I mean the Instant Pot is pretty much all about simple and quick, but why not step it up a bit with this Instant Pot Lamb Curry Recipe. It is simple and can be ready in about 30 minutes cook time.
How to Make Lamb Curry in the Instant Pot
This Instant Pot Lamb Curry is totally delicious. The meat comes out very tender like is has been braising all day. This is why I just love my Instant Pot. Great food in a fraction of the time. This recipe is really simple and is almost a Dump Meal. You basically put all the ingredient in at once and hit a few buttons, but I like to do a little saute of the lamb and the onions for a few minutes. I think it brings out more flavor even though it isn’t a necessary step.
This is the time of year to make this dish. It’s tasty and bold and great when the weather is starting to cool down. You can serve this over rice or even mashed potatoes if you prefer. No matter how you serve it take advantage of the sauce because it is thick rich and savory. This recipe is a straight up dish of comfort food.
Slow Cooker Lamb Curry?
This dish can absolutely also be made in a crockpot or slow cooker. This is an easy slow cooker lamb curry recipe process is basically the same as the pressure cooker lamb curry recipe but since it is in the slow cooker the cooking time is different.
Lamb Curry Recipe in Slow Cooker
Cooking time and process for the
Thanks so much for stopping by my piece of home on the internet. If you decide to try this recipe or already have please leave me a rating and a comment. If you just have a question that’s ok too. Also if you like this Lamb Curry Recipe you will also Like this Chicken Curry Instant Pot Recipe.
Items I used in this Recipe. Available from Amazon. You can HOVER OVER THE LINK to see INFO and PRICE or just Add Them to Your Cart on Amazon. I do receive a small commission from Amazon at NO EXTRA COST to YOU. Thanks so Much for Your Support.
Best Lamb Curry Recipe
Instant Pot Lamb Curry
- 1 Pound Lamb shoulder or leg meat cut in 1 inch cubes
- 1 Medium onion cut in 1 inch wide pieces
- 2 Carrot cut in 2 inch pieces on the bias
- 2 Tbsp. Curry Powder
- 2 Cloves Garlic Minced
- 2 tsp Dried Thyme
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1 1/2 Cups Chicken Broth
- 2 Tbsp. Cornstarch for slurry
- 4 Tbsp. Water for slurry
- 1 Chopped Scallion for Garnish
- 2 Tbsp. Chopped Cilantro for Garnish
- Push Saute Button on Instant Pot until MORE is lit up. Once the screen reads “HOT” you are ready to begin.Put Lamb,Onions,and Curry Powder in Instant Pot and sauce for 3 to 4 minutes. Deglaze bottom of pressure cooker by pouring in Chicken Broth and then scraping the bottom of the pressure cooker to release the bit on bottom of pan.Put Garlic,Thyme and Salt into the pressure cooker and then put the lid on to the pressure cooker. Turn the valve to the “SEAL” position. Set timer3 for 20 minutes on HIGH PRESSURE.When cook time is complete let pressure cooker do a NATURAL RELEASE for 10 MINUTES and then Release Pressure.Press CANCEL BUTTON and then Press SAUTE Button and set to NORMAL setting. Stir in cornstarch slurry and gently stir lamb mixture to combine. Let mixture come to a boil and thicken for about 2 MINUTES.Serve over rice or mashed potatoes and top with Chopped Scallions and Cilantro Garnish.Serves 2Enjoy.