Instant Pot Turkey Chili is my go-to recipe for a lean healthy version of beef chili. It is definitely a lot fewer calories and it is packed with protein. This Instant Pot Turkey Chili recipe takes about an hour or so to make and is a very easy turkey chili. You can substitute your favorite kind of beans like red kidney beans or black beans. You can also eliminate them all together. Eliminating the beans will also make this chili recipe Keto friendly and Paleo friendly turkey chili if you use extra virgin olive oil.
This version of Instant Pot Turkey Chili basically is made up of ingredients that I just had sitting in my pantry. Nothing complicated at all really. After all its chili so there is really no rules except to make it thick enough. If it isn’t thick enough…well then it’s SOUP. Nobody wants chili soup so give it time to thicken. A good trick is to let it simmer until a fork or spoon can basically stand on end in the chili. It doesn’t take all day to make this pressure cooker chili recipe. This Instant Pot turkey chili recipe is healthy, comforting, and easy. You can make a big batch in 40 minutes or so.
How to Make Turkey Chili
I start by adding some Olive Oil and letting that get hot. I then saute the Onions,Peppers and Ground Turkey together in the pressure cooker. Then I add some beans. I used pinto beans. You can use any beans you like. If you want to make this Keto friendly or Paleo then omit the beans.
How to Make Turkey Chili in a Slow Cooker
Making this in the the slow cooker is very simple. Just brown your meat and then toss in all the other ingredients. The cook time is 4 to 5 Hours on HIGH or 7 to 8 Hours on LOW.
Toppings for Instant Pot Turkey Chili
- Chopped Onion
- Tortilla Chip Strips
- Sour Cream or Greek Yogurt
- Diced Tomatoes
Using a pressure cooker to make this Turkey Chili it is the way to go. Making a recipe take an hour instead of 7 or 8 hours is a no-brainer. I do understand people love their slow cookers though So I have included basic instructions on how to make this Turkey Chili in the Slow cooker and its cooking time.
Kitchen Essentials and Items You May Need
Please Share this Recipe on social media so I can continue to bring you FREE RECIPES and Ideas. I really appeciate all your support. If you have made this recipe please leave a rating and a comment or if you have any questions please post them in the comments. I do respond.
Instant Pot Turkey Chili
- 1 Pound Lean Ground Turkey
- 1 TBSP. Olive Oil
- 2 TBSP. Chili Powder I used taco seasoning
- 1 Onion Chopped
- 1 Red Pepper Chopped
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Pepper
- 2 tsp. Cumin
- 1 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp. Chipotle Pepper Powder less if you want it mild
- 1 Can Pinto Beans use any beans you like
- 1 1/2 Cups Chicken Broth
- 1 14 oz Can Crushed Tomatoes or Stewed Tomatoes
- 2 to 3 TBSP. Chopped Onion for garnish
- 2 TBSP. Chopped Cilantro for garnish
- Press Saute on Instant Pot and set to Normal Setting.Once screen says “HOT” add Olive Oil to Instant Pot.Add Ground Turkey and Chopped Onion and Red Pepper to Instant Pot and cook till onion is Soft and Turkey is Browned. About 5 Minutes.Add Chili Powder or Taco Seasoning, Salt and Pepper,Cumin, and Garlic Powder and stir till combined and cook till fragrant. Add Chicken Broth and Crushed tomatoes and Beans. Stir to combine.Put Lid on Instant Pot and turn Valve to SEAL. Press Cancel on Instant Pot then Press the Manual Pressure Cook Button and Set time to 10 Minutes. When cook time is complete do a quick release of pressure. Remove lid on Instant Pot. Press Cancel on Instant Pot. Then Press the Sautés Button and Set to Low setting. Use a Potato masher to smash up some of the beans in the chili to help with the thickening process. Let the chili simmer for 40 Minutes or until desired thickness. I like it that so a fork will basically stand on end without falling over. That is an easy way to gauge it. Stir once and a while to gauge thickness.Top with garnish of chopped onion and cilantro.Enjoy.