Instant Pot Pork and Sauerkraut
Instant Pot Pork and Sauerkraut comes out fork tender and the flavor is sweet and savory and delicious. Great anytome of year. It is said it is good luck to eat on New Year's.
- 4-5 Pound Pork Butt Roast
- 1 24 oz. Bag of Sauerkraut I used Silver Floss Brand
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- 1/2 Cup Chicken Broth I used Better than Bullion Organic Chicken Base
- 1/4 Cup Brown Sugar I used the light one
- 1 tsp. Caraway Seeds Optional
- 1 Whole Apple Peeled and Diced
- 1 Whole Medium Onion Diced
Salt and Pepper Pork Butt liberally coating on all sides.
Turn Instant Pot on saute mode HIGH SETTING. Wait for screen to say “hot.” Add 1 Tablespoon Oil of choice to liner.
Place roast in Instant Pot and sear until it has got some nice color. About 5 minutes per side.
Place Sauerkraut and caraway seeds,Onion into Instant Pot. Place diced apple and brown sugar on top of Sauerkraut.
Place lid onto pressure cooker and turn valve to the SEAL position.
Pressure cook on HIGH pressure for 15 minutes per pound. Let pressure cooker do a Natural Release when cooking is completed.
Makes about 4-5 servings