Instant Pot Vegetable Stock is one of the best things to make when you have an Instant Pot. It is so easy to make. Once you make this vegetable broth recipe I think you will be sold because the veggie stock can be used in all of your pressure cooker recipes.
Instant Pot Vegetable Stock
Of course, the vegetable broth is great when used in homemade soups and stews, but did you know that you can stir fry with vegetable broth? I did not know and I learned it from a vegan friend. It is low calorie and flavorful too. These days when I make stir fry vegetables I am always using veggie broth.
Of course, the vegetable broth is great when used in homemade soups and stews, but did you know that you can stir fry with vegetable broth? I did not know and I learned it from a vegan friend. It is low calorie and flavorful too. These days when I make stir fry vegetables I am always using the instant pot veggie broth.
I know that I am not the only one that has veggies in the fridge that need to be used up before they go bad. Making vegetable broth in the instant pot is a great way to utilize those vegetables. The homemade vegetable broth tastes so much better than store-bought.
Instant Pot Vegetable Broth Ingredients
- Celery Leaves
- Herbs (Rosemary, Sage, Thyme, or Italian Seasoning)
- Salt & Pepper
How to Make Vegetable Broth
The recipe for the vegetable broth is down below but here is a breakdown of the steps that I used to make the veggie stock.
- Add all vegetables and herbs to Instant Pot– the first step is to add all your veggies and herbs to the pressure cooker.
- Add Water- Fill your Instant Pot with water. I used about 8 cups of water. Be careful not to overfill your pressure cooker past the max fill line.
- Cook Vegetable Broth- Set your pot to pressure cook on the HIGH setting for 40 minutes. When cooker time is complete wait 10 minutes and then do a Quick Pressure Release.
- Strain the Broth- The final step is to set up a pot under a strainer and strain all the vegetables from the broth. Salt broth to taste.
How to Make Vegetable Broth in Slow Cooker
If you prefer to make the vegetable broth in a slow cooker you can set the slow cooker to HIGH for 2 hours or set to Low for 6 Hours.
Making Veggie Broth with Veggie Scraps
Making veggie broth from vegetable scraps is a great way to make broth. Using things like carrot heads, celery ends and ends of onions that are normally discarded. I keep these veggie scraps in a gallon-size resealable bag in my freezer. When the bad is full it is time to make some veggie broth.
Other Veggies to use to Make Broth Stock
- Bay Leaves
- Carrot Peels
- Potato Peels
Recipes to Make with Veggie Broth
Kitchen Essentials and Items Used in this Recipe:
Instant Pot Vegetable Stock
- 6 Carrots
- 1 Large Onion Cut into Chunks (Unpeeled Optional)
- 3 Stalks Celery
- 1 Handful Celery Leaves
- 4 Cloves Garlic Unpeeled
- 8 Cups Water
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 Tbsp Italian Seasoning
- 1 Bay Leaf
- Cut Carrots and Celery 3 to 4-inch lengths
- Chop Onion into Chunks. (Peeling is optional but there is flavor in the onion skins.)
- Smash Garlic lightly to release oil. You do not have to peel the garlic.
- Add all Veggies and Herbs to the Instant Pot
- Add 8 Cups of Water. (Do NOT Fill Past Max Fill Line)
- Add Italian Seasoning or Herbs of Choice
- Put Lid on Instant Pot and Turn Valve to SEAL Position
- Pressure Cook on High Setting 40 Minutes.
- When Cook Time is Complete wait 10 Minutes and do a Quick Pressure Release
- Remove Lid and Strain Broth and Store in Mason Jars.