One of my favorite things is frozen onion rings in the air fryer. They are crispy and taste wonderful. I am in love with them.
These are the perfect complement to a burger when grilling. These air fryer onion rings also make a fantastic snack.
These air fryer frozen onion rings cook quickly. So quick that in fact these onion will be done cooking in the time it takes to preheat your oven. It took 5 minutes for these onion rings to cook in the air fryer. Pair them with my onion ring sauce for dipping it is fantastic.
- How to Air Fry Frozen Onion Rings
- How Long to Air Fry Frozen Onion Rings?
- What are the Best Frozen Onion Rings?
- Onion Ring Sauce For Dipping
- How to Reheat Onion Rings in Air Fryer?
- Equipment and Kitchen Essentials
- How to Store Onion Rings
- How Do I Reheat Onion Rings in an Air Fryer?
- Other Air Fryer Recipes to Enjoy
- Frozen Onion Rings in Air Fryer
- Alexia Frozen Onion Rings
- Ranch Dressing (For Sauce)
- Creole or Cajun Seasoning (For Sauce)
- Ketchup (For Sauce)
See recipe card for quantities.
How to Air Fry Frozen Onion Rings
I am going to show you how to air fry frozen onion rings. While the onion rings are cooking it is a good time to make my onion ring sauce.
Step 1 – I do not preheat the when I make these onion rings. I also do not flip the onion rings. Do not crowd the air fryer basket. Proper airflow makes crispier onion rings.
Step 2 – While the onion rings are cooking I mix up some onion ring sauce. I combine some ranch dressing, creole seasoning, and some ketchup. (Measurements in recipe card)
Step 3 – Time to eat! Just look how crispy and beautiful these onion rings come out. I think these are just as good as deep frying. They are great as a side dish or even if you are just cooking up a couple to top a burger.
Hint: Do NOT crowd the Air Fryer basket. Better airflow makes better onion rings. These Air Fryer Liners (affiliate link) help make cleanup a snap.
How Long to Air Fry Frozen Onion Rings?
How long to air fry frozen onion rings depends on how crispy you prefer them. I find that 5-6 minutes is perfect.Make sure that the onion rings are not overlapping and that there is adequate space in between for proper air circulation. Proper spacing will ensure even cooking and crispier onion rings.
I find that I do not need to preheat the air fryer when cooking frozen onion rings. Cooking times can vary between air fryer brands, but 350 degrees Fahrenheit is the most common temperature to air fry onion rings.
What are the Best Frozen Onion Rings?
Below are what I consider to be the best frozen onion rings in the air fryer. I have tried many and they are NOT all the same.
- Alexia Onion Rings (These are my favorite)
- Beer Battered Onion Rings from Trader Joes
- Nathans Famous Onion Rings
Onion Ring Sauce For Dipping
There are a lot of good things to dip air fryer onion rings into. I personally like my onion ring sauce recipe that is shared in the recipe card below but some other dipping sauces you can use are included.
- Ranch Dressing
- Blue Cheese Dressing
- Tartar Sauce
- Onion Ring Sauce (Homemade recipe in the recipe card below.)
How to Reheat Onion Rings in Air Fryer?
Preheat air fryer to 350 Degrees Fahrenheit
Reheat Onion Rings in the Basket 2-3 Minutes.
Equipment and Kitchen Essentials
I always list the equipment I use for a recipe. I also include what I think are kitchen essentials. I do earn a small commission off of these products at absolutely no cost to you.
Thanks for your support. Creating recipes and sharing with everyone is what I love doing.
How to Store Onion Rings
Onion Rings can be stored in an airtight container for 3-4 days.
How Do I Reheat Onion Rings in an Air Fryer?
If you have leftovers because you made too many the air fryer is great for reheating onion rings. Reheat onion rings in the air fryer at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 2-3 minutes.
Other Air Fryer Recipes to Enjoy
Frozen Onion Rings in Air Fryer
Air Fryer Onion Rings
- 1 Bag Alexia Frozen Onion Rings
- 1 spray Olive Oil or Avocado Oil (Not required)
Onion Ring Sauce
- 1/4 Cup Ranch Dressing
- 3/4 tsp. Creole Seasoning or Cajun Seasonin
- 1 tsp. Ketchup
- 1/2 tsp. White Vinegar (If you want it tangier)
Air Fryer Onion Rings
- Place onion Rings in Air Fryer Basket with space in between for proper air flow.
- If you want the onion rings extra crispy spray with a little bit of oil. This is not required. I generally do not do it.
- Air Fry for 5-6 Minutes at 350 Degrees Fahrenheit.
Easy Onion Ring Sauce
- In a dish add Ranch Dressing, Creole or Cajun Seasoning and Ketchup.
- Mix ingredients until combined.