Instant Pot Mussels in Garlic Butter and Shallots are so delicious they are going to be one of your new favorite recipes to prepare in your Instant Pot. These Instant Pot Mussels are so delicious and easy, you’ll want to make them all the time! Since we are making them in a Pressure Cooker not only are they easy but they are quick too with a cook time of just 3 minutes.
These Instant Pot Mussels with Garlic Butter and Shallots are SO GOOD! They are filled with so much flavor. Be sure to have some crusty bread to accompany them so you can scoop up all that garlicky goodness. Can you tell that I am addicted to these? Well, I am, and for good reason. Once you try them you will crave them too.
These are GREAT as an appetizer or as a dinner. The recipe can be easily doubled as well. The Instant Pot not only makes the cooking process as easy as pie but it also can hold ALOT of mussels too. So even if your having a party or just having some friends over for dinner or to watch a game these are EASY to prepare.
So don’t be intimidated like many others to prepare these Instant Pot Mussels with Garlic Butter and Shallots. They are sure to become one of your favorites. Not only are they delicious but they are also very healthy and very affordable to purchase. They also help inflammation and are a food source very high in protein.
I have been asked by some blog followers to create some unique recipes to prepare with the instant pot that are very simple and this is one of them. I would like to also say THANK YOU for stopping by my blog and if you happen to prepare these mussels or any recipe from my blog please leave a rating and a comment.
If you have any questions at all feel free to drop it in the comment box below I do my best to answer them all.
Items I used in this Recipe. Available from Amazon. You can HOVER OVER THE LINK to see INFO and PRICE or just Add Them to Your Cart on Amazon. I do receive a small commission from Amazon at NO EXTRA COST to YOU. Thanks so Much for Your Support.
Instant Pot Mussels in Garlic Butter and Shallots.
- 1 Pound Mussels
- 3 Cloves Garlic Minced
- 1 Shallot Minced
- 3 to 4 Tablespoons Chopped Parsley
- 2 to 3 Chopped Scallions
- 2 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Cup Chicken Broth
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Rinse Mussels under cold water to clean.
- Mussels have “beards” that stick out of the shell. Most of the time this is already removed when you buy them in the supermarket. If you come across some that have beards just pull it backward to remove.
- Check Mussels as you are rinsing them for broken shells and cracks and discard those. If mussels are really dirty you may need a scrub brush but this is normally not the case.
- Now it is time go over to your Instant Pot and hit the SAUTE button an put it on the “normal” setting. Remove the lid and wait for the screen to say “HOT”
- Add butter and olive oil to pan and wait for mixture to get hot. Once hot add the shallots and let saute about 2 minutes and then add garlic and sauce about 1 minute more until fragrant.
- Then pour in chicken broth and stir. Add about half of the parsley and scallions and hold on to the other half for garnish.
- Add mussels to the Instant Pot and stir slowly to coat with broth. Put lid on Instant Pot and turn valve to “Seal.”
- Hit Cancel on your Instant Pot and then hit MANUAL PRESSURE COOK Button and set for HIGH pressure.
- Set Timer for 3 MINUTES.
- When cook time is complete do a QUICK RELEASE by opening valve with a wooden spoon being careful not to get burned.
- Remove lid from Instant Pot
- Remove mussels from Instant Pot to a Bowl and sprinkle with leftover scallion and parsley garnish. Serve with crusty bread to soak up all the yummy garlic sauce.